10 things you must do to get a successful career
- Do what you love, love what you do, What does it mean, let’s bring an example so I’m a marketing student and I’m finishing my graduation in marketing but I got a job in admin? What I should do? I might be frustrated, depressed but what I’d recommend you don’t be frustrated learn something that you’ve got you might be able to come back in marketing. So that means, love what you do, do what you love.
- Create your own personal vision So, when you’re in the job market make sure that you have a clear vision you know in five years or ten years time where you’re heading off to and make you add accordingly.
- Understand the organizational vision, many times we don’t understand what is organizational vision and we are focused on our job and that miss a lied. You need to understand the organizational vision and you need to align.
- The keenness of Learning doesn’t matter what you do, where you go make sure you have always a mindset to learn something new.
- Do some Mistake, a mistake is good. So, what we do we’ve got so much fear that if I do the mistake my boss won’t like me, my superior, my peer doesn’t like me. So what we do, we don’t take the initiative for the organization. What I’d recommend you mistake is good to do some mistake you can learn something from there but don’t repeat that again.
- Effective communication, effective communication doesn’t mean you have to speak in English. Yes, English is so important but you can speak in your own language as long as you know how to sell yourself how to communicate to the other peoples effectively, how to present yourself to other people.
- Well Being, it’s so important to look after yourself look after your health. If you’re not well, if you’re not healthy you cannot get a good career. You’ll be always unwell, you’ll be sick at work and you won’t feel good.
- Leadership Mindset, that’s important. you need to know how you can grow as a leader and influence the people surrounding you, influence your peer, influence your superior and influence even your friends.
- Acknowledge Yourself, you need to make sure that you acknowledge yourself, you need to say thank you to yourself when you’re doing well in your career. And you need to know that you can reward, recognize yourself. That’s important.
- Networking, networking is so important for a professional career to remember that networking does not mean I’ve got three thousand friends on Facebook you might have thirty people in your Facebook but for those people you can go always when you need, when you need support when you need a mentor, when you stuck in career. So that’s so important.
So those are the ten things you must have or you must follow to get a successful career. You might have many others in your list but what I found those are the ten things I always follow. So thank you, everyone, I’d really recommend you to start today.